UPDATE August 14 – Just Added! Counsel for the Bureau of Cannabis Control Tamara Colson will join us as our luncheon speaker.
August 5, 2019 – For the first time, California NORML is teaming with Cannabis World Congress & Business Expositions this September to present a cutting-edge CLE Legal Workshop for attorneys and other interested parties in conjunction with the fifth annual CWCBExpo event in Los Angeles.
Titled “Cannabis Law: Present and Future,” the workshop will take place on Wednesday, September 25 from 9:30 AM – 6 PM at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Downtown LA.
Top attorneys in the cannabis field will present sessions on:
• State and Local Cannabis Regulations in California
• Cannabis Industry Consolidation: Mergers, Acquisitions, RTOs and IPOs
• Status of Hemp CBD under Federal and CA Laws and Regulations
• Evolution of California Social Equity Programs: Accessing Opportunity in California
• Intellectual Property, Marketing, Advertising, Packaging and Labeling Laws and Regulations under MAUCRSA
• Local Bans, Deliveries and Consumption Lounges: Topics in Local Cannabis Zoning Laws and Regulations
• Employment Rights for Cannabis Consumers and Cannabis Industry Employees
Pending legislation in California will be covered. The legislature must pass all bills by September 13, with the Governor having until October 13 to sign them. Get the jump on the changes to California law by attending this program!
Participants will earn 5.25 hours of CLE credits for attending the program.
The cost for attorneys receiving CLE credit is $500. Non-attorneys or those not requiring CLE credits can attend the full day for $350. All attendees will receive a three-day expo pass for the CWCBExpo.
“We’re excited to bring to Southern California this timely and informative program on solving the legal challenges facing cannabis businesses and consumers in California and beyond,” said Ellen Komp, Deputy Director of Cal NORML.
Founded in 1972, California NORML is the state chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Cal NORML has held CLE programs for attorneys in Oakland, CA for the past three years.