- The 100-Year War on Marijuana in California
In September 1914, state drug agents staged the first known “marihuana” bust in the Mexican Sonoratown neighborhood of Los Angeles. The raid was the first in a hundred years’ war that has seen over two million Californians – many from targeted minorities – arrested for victimless marijuana crimes.
- The Forgotten History of Cannabis Prohibition in California:
1913 to present.
- The story of Jack London, California’s Cannabis Pioneer
- 35th Anniversary of Presidential Commission on Marihuana Report Finds Failed Laws Still in Place – March 22nd 1952-2007
- California’s War on Drugs a 100-Year Old Bust – March 6th 1907 – 2007
- 50 Years Ago Today: Dylan Turns Beatles onto Pot in NYCMore famous marijuana users at www.veryimportantpotheads.com