Join Cal NORML and ASA (Americans for Safe Access) at Lobby Day 2022 as a citizen lobbyist for your rights as a cannabis consumer in California!
This year’s Lobby Day will be held on Tuesday, May 10, 2022. We will meet in the morning at the Capitol Events Center, where you will learn about pending bills and get lobbying tips. In the afternoon, you will meet with lawmakers or their staffs at appointments we will set for you once you sign up to attend. The day will end with an afterparty and reception on the patio at Cafeteria 15L.
The bills on which we’ll be lobbying include:
• AB 2188 (Quirk) – Employment Rights for Cannabis Users
• AB 1954 (Quirk) – Pain Patients’ Rights
• Tax reduction measures
• SB 1186 (Wiener) – Access to medical marijuana delivery
• AB 2595 (Jones-Sawyer) – parental rights
• AB 1885 (Kalra) – Veterinary use
• SB 1097 (Pan) – (OPPOSE) – Unnecessary label warnings
• AB 1706 (Bonta) – Expede resentencing
• SB 1293 (Bradford) – Income tax credits for equity applicants and licensees
• AB 2691 (Wood) – allow small farmers to sell direct to consumers at events
Capitol Event Center – 1020 11th St. (between J and K Streets)
10 AM – 12 PM; doors open at 9:15
Gather for training/legislative overview; pick up your afternoon appointment information
Senator Bradford will be appearing at 10 AM; be sure to get there on time!
LUNCH BREAK (on your own)
1 PM – 5 PM
Attendees will go to the “temporary” or “swing space” Capitol building on the South side of capitol park (on O Street) for appointments with your elected representatives or their staffs.
Afterparty / Reception
5 PM – 7 PM
To learn more, write here.