Cal NORML’s 25th Anniversary
of Prop. 215 Celebration
GET YOUR TICKET TO THE CONFERENCE
Find out how to sponsor
this historic event!
Join us to commemorate California’s
historic 1996 medical marijuana law
on the date it passed 25 years ago.
Friday, November 5
10 AM – 6 PM
The General’s Residence
Ft. Mason, San Francisco
The event can be reached via SF municipal transit lines
Directions, transportation and parking information.
The Compassionate Use Act of 1996, Prop. 215, was the nation’s first law to re-legalize the personal use and cultivation of marijuana for medical purposes, leading to a national movement that now is legalizing adult recreational use and sales as well. This event will be held 25 years to the day after California voters approved Prop. 215 at the elegant General’s Residence at Fort Mason, San Francisco.
Speakers will include original sponsors, organizers, medical patients, attorneys and advocates of the Prop. 215 campaign, with memorials to those who have since passed away and to those patients, doctors and caregivers who have been arrested, harassed or imprisoned in the fight for their right to medical marijuana.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• CA Senator Scott Wiener, sponsor of the bill to allow for compassionate give-away programs for medical marijuana
• Tom Ammiano, former SF Supervisor and CA Assemblyman
• Anna Boyce, head of the CA Senior Legislature who secured senior support for Prop. 215
• Jeff and Brian Peron, brothers of Dennis Peron, the activist who started the medical marijuana movement in San Francisco and John Entwistle, Dennis’s partner
• Ethan Nadelmann, former director of the Drug Policy Alliance who has just launched a new podcast, Psychoactive.
• George Zimmer, the “I Guarantee It” man from Men’s Warehouse
• Former S.F. Supervisor and Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi
• Valerie Corral, founder of the Women’s Alliance for Medical Marijuana in Santa Cruz
• Pebbles Trippet, the plaintiff in a court decision protecting the transportation rights of medical marijuana patients
• Dr. Jeffrey Hergenrather, President, Society of Cannabis Clinicians
• Dale Schafer, attorney and drug war victim
• Elvy Musikka, the first woman to receive legal medical marijuana from the federal government
• Dan Abrahamson, the attorney who brought the lawsuit affirming doctors’ right to recommend cannabis
• Amy Povah of CanDo Foundation, addressing cannabis prisoners
More to be announced soon.
Get Your Ticket to the Silver Jubilee Afterparty
To ensure the safety of our attendees, we will be following San Francisco Health Department Guidelines for COVID-19. Both the conference and the party venues have outdoor spaces.
Stay Tuned for More Details! Join Cal NORML’s email alert list to be updated on all news, action items, and events.