- Judge rejects San Diego lawsuit challenging Prop. 215 (Dec. 6th, 2006).
- San Francisco approves marijuana deprioritization, calls for legally taxed and regulated adult distribution (Nov 14th, 2006).
- California cities vote for marijuana reform (Nov 6th, 2006).
- Tenth Anniversary of Prop. 215 (Nov 5th-6th 1996).
- California campaign to make marijuana offenses lowest enforcement priority in Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica and San Francisco.
- Gov. Schwarzenegger vetoes Industrial Hemp bill AB 1147.
- Mounting pressure for crackdown on LA dispensaries (Oct 2006)
- Bungled LA DEA dispensary raid raises troubling questions (Aug 31, 2006).
- DEA closes San Diego medical cannabis clubs (July 21, 2006). Mounting pressure against proliferating clubs in Los Angeles, Orange County.
- Marijuana initiatives submitted for November ballot in Santa Barbara, Santa Monica and Santa Cruz
- California June 6th primary election voter’s guide.
- Zogby poll shows 55% of West Coast supports changing federal law to let states regulate marijuana like alcohol.
- Upswing in California marijuana prisoners reported in 2005; arrest rates steady since passage of Prop 215.
- Medical marijuana refugee Steve Kubby released from Placer County jail (April 2006).
- San Diego dispensaries raided by police as county plans federal lawsuit against state ID cards, Prop. 215 (Dec 2005).
- CAMP posts new record – over 1 million marijuana plants eradicated in 2005.
- San Francisco OKs medical cannabis dispensary ordinance (Nov 2005).
- Cal NORML poll shows SF voters don’t see pot clubs as a problem, over 60% support legalization.
- New accident studies show marijuana a lesser driving hazard than alcohol – Drug urine tests unjustified (2005).
- CHP agrees to honor Prop. 215 – other Prop. 215 legal issues outstanding.
- NIDA blocks MAPS – NORML study of marijuana vaporization as research proponents appeal at DEA hearings.
- Raids against medical cannabis dispensaries resume; patients not targeted. “A
warning shot across the bow” (July 05). (List of federal medical marijuana cases).
- Marijuana smoking not linked to lung cancer, UCLA study concludes (Jun 05).
- Supreme Court rules against medical marijuana patients Raich & Monson – state
medical marijuana law NOT affected (Jun 05).
- Congress rejects Rohrabacher-Hinchey amendment to stop federal war on medical marijuana, but California delegation votes 35-19 in favor (Jun 05).
- Air Travelers face more intrusive baggage checks (Jan 2005)
- Counties and cities act to regulate cannabis dispensaries.
- Centennial of the Drug War – First Congressional anti-narcotics bill passed March 3, 1905 – 2005