Click here to email the Obama campaign and tell President Obama to stand by his promise to not interfere with state medical marijuana laws.
Join a message board about a September 20, 2012 protest at Obama campaign offices.
The federal assault on medical marijuana is escalating. Lawsuits against property owners have been filed in several districts of the state. Dispensaries have been raided, and Mendocino County’s outdoor licensed garden program has also been shut down by federal threats.
The Obama administration has now closed more dispensaries than all its predecessors put together. Also:
• The federal government has raided Oaksterdam University, targeted for closure prominent collectives that have respected local laws, and undermined
local efforts to legally regulate medical marijuana
• The IRS is denying tax-paying dispensaries reasonable expense deductions.
• The Dept. of Treasury is browbeating banks to close accounts of marijuana collectives.
• The BATF is denying medical marijuana patients’ right to have firearms.
• The DEA has turned down a petition to reschedule marijuana for medical use, ignoring extensive scientific evidence of marijuana’s efficacy.
• NIDA has blocked a proposed study on medical marijuana for PTSD.
- NORML Attorneys Challenge Federal Crackdown
Nov. 7, 2011 – NORML attorneys notified the federal government today that they were filing suit against the crackdown on medical marijuana in all four federal court districts of California. The lawsuit cites multiple constitutional arguments and seeks an immediate TRO or injunction against the DOJ in federal court.
- CalNORML Statement at Press Conference in SF
Oct. 19, 2011 – It’s time for the federal government to recognize the truth: Marijuana is medicine. Current federal policy is bankrupt and counterproductive. It’s time for DOJ policy to change and recognize Californians’ right to medical marijuana.
- OBAMA ADMINISTRATION RAMPS UP WAR ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA, ATTACKS DISPENSARIES IN “SENSITIVE AREAS” WITH PROPERTY FORFEITURE
Oct 5, 2011 – In yet another attack by the Obama administration on medical marijuana, US Attorneys in California have sent out a series of letters threatening landlords with property forfeiture for renting their property to dispensaries deemed too close to “sensitive areas” such as schools and parks.